Thursday, June 28, 2018

June 2018 Delaware Fishing Report

June 2018

Freshwater:   

The rivers around Delaware have been a hotbed of summer fish activity.  In most upstate tributaries of the New Castle County Delaware river and bay, the bait fisherman can score abundant Yellow Perch, Catfish, White Perch and American Eel.  I have not made it to White Clay Creek yet, but when I do, I am looking forward to loading up on Rock Bass (redeyes), Smallmouth Bass and perhaps even a trout.


Flyfishing can be really peaceful this time of year, check out how I make my own flies.  Personal Fly Tying Station You can DIY too! Here are a few pictures:

Yellow Perch.  Odessa, Delaware


American Eel, caught on nightcrawlers





















Saltwater: 
It has been a few summers since I have caught a keeper flounder.  The minimum size in Delaware this season is posted as 17".  Me and my friend have caught a few flounder this season.  I recommend jigging using bucktails, squid or bloodworm.


No comments:

Post a Comment