Monday, February 19, 2024

 January-February 2024 Delaware Fishing Report:

Happy New Year Delaware Sport Fishing Blog Readers:

Well, the fishing has been good in regions of the country where you can ice fish.   This is not the case in Delaware.  I have been out 2 or 3 times to the brackish rivers this winter with not very much luck at all.  Still, I am right with the other Delaware anglers who cannot wait for opening day of trout season. 

Freshwater

Delaware will stock two ponds in March, followed by opening day on the trout streams in April.  Some tips for catching them include, using a small hook, light line, using Power Bait or Salmon Eggs, using a three way rig and going near the fish feeder contraptions (if allowed).

Delaware's ponds, brackish creeks and rivers should be giving up bass and catfish but this angler has had no luck, other than a Black Drum and couple perch.

Saltwater

A good friend of mine told me that fisherman are connecting with Tog Bluefish and Winter Flounder down the ocean and bay.  I would like to go down to the sea and try my luck but I will wait until the water warms up as I have never been one to partake in arctic plunges.  I have alot of interest in trying one of the headboats downstate this season to catch a limit of black sea bass, croaker or trout.  

Follow this twitter for the latest on my fishing escapades.  

@BIGBASSINTHESM1

Be sure to download the hit ebook 

Big Bass in the Small Wonder

And don't forget to subscribe on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtQDcWkC1RWJ_eEuCvew8hg

And hope to see you all out there for Spring trout season!


No comments:

Post a Comment