Monday, October 15, 2018

October 2018 DE Fishing Report (Japanese Eel, Homemade Flies, Big Bass in the Small Wonder, Surf Fishing, Delaware Ghost Stories Supernatural Tales)

October 2018 Delaware Fishing Report

Freshwater

I have enjoyed several nights of freshwater fishing on the Eastern Shore
 during the month of October, catching dozens of white perch and
a few channel catfish.   One fish I know are present are American Eel.  If you ever decide to
harvest catfish and eel I recommend you try cooking the Catfish Cajun Style. For Eel I like
to cook using an old Japanese Recipe.

Trout fishing is on the agenda once again, as the state is doing a final
2018 stocking of White Clay Creek this month.  I have been stocking my
freezer with fish filets for the past several months and would very much like
to add some Rainbow Trout to enjoy with a baked potato this winter.
Powerbait and homemade flies will probably work early on and then I will
switch to minnows as the temperature cools.

Bass fishing in Delaware ponds continues to be hot and I expect the action
will carry on late into November.  Some of the biggest bass I saw caught in
my experience came after Halloween.   Not to change the subject from Big Bass 
but I encourage you to check out this ebook Ghost Stories of Delaware you
are interested in some spooky tales about Delaware this Halloween.  By the
way, did you hear that Lums Pond, a great bass fishing hole, is purported to
be haunted?


Saltwater

I had caught another nice
kingfish at the Indian River
Inlet and scores of Spot.  I
know that Tog season must
be in full swing and I will be
giving it a shot with Green
Crabs if I can slip away to
the beach for the night.   Out
in the bay, I am hearing reports
of bluefish, seabass, trout and
flounder also.   Too bad my Dad's
 boat is getting winterized this
weekend.  It was a wonderful
season though.  So many great
times!

I don't want to end the blog entry without a word about.  Surf fishing has been
good during the past 30 days fishing for kingfish with the occasional bluefish
caught as well.  Squid, clams and bloodworms are all excellent surf fishing
baits this time of year.   While Hurricane Season continues to churn away,
anglers should remember that although it can be productive to fish in the
days following a hurricane (ample natural baits scattered in the surf) you
must be very careful.  The waves are rough and can easily carry an angler
away.  Everyone be safe out there and, until next time,  tight lines!





No comments:

Post a Comment